axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Yashwanth Rajaram -X (yrajaram - Zensar at Cisco)" <yraja...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Question on REST and Axis 1.3
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 21:33:03 GMT
Thanks Charles for checking this.

The end Web service receives the parameters fine (using both GET and
POST) - but the Axis2 module is not able to access these parameters when
using POST. :(
However with GET the module is able to access the parameter.

thanks,
--
Yashwanth

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Galpin [mailto:cgalpin@lhsw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 1:24 PM
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question on REST and Axis 1.3

If it helps, I can post fine using axis2 1.5. You do nothing special in
your web service. The post contents for

public void myMethod(String myParam);

would be:

myParam=data here

I don't know how you are testing, but be sure to header "Content-Type"
to "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" to use it this way or change the
contents to suit.

hth
charles

On Dec 22, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Yashwanth Rajaram -X (yrajaram - Zensar at
Cisco) wrote:

> Andreas/Devlopers,
>
> Good job on smart mouthing me there :)
>
> Don't get me wrong for being persistent but I am able to reproduce
this issue in Axis2 1.4 too. I am unable to test on Axis2 1.5.x because
of the unavailability of Eclipse JST Web Services project
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4375?page=com.atlassian.jir
a.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=1276183
5#action_12761835)
> However I am sure that this could be a bug unless I am doing something
wrong.

> Here is the issue I am facing - pls help:
>> I want to process the parameters submitted via POST and GET (for REST
>> handling) inside my Axis2 module. However I am unable to get hold of
the
>> parameters that were submitted using POST - but I am able to get the
same parameters
>> if I submitted the request using GET.
>>
>> So am wondering if there is a known issue in Axis2 (1.3 and 1.4)
similar to the one
>> here http://wso2.org/forum/thread/9645 ...
>
> I don't need a working solution, if you can point me to the right
packages in source code I will read through and post back my findings.

http://localhost:8080/MyClient/services/RestService/getVersion?name=yash