axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Alex A <a...@alex-andr.org>
Subject Re: Is this list completely dead?
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2010 12:18:59 GMT
Ah, great, there is some life here :)

Here is my questions again,
if all questions can't be answered, it would be great to have at least
some answers or ideas.
Thanks!

> - I need to have several simultaneous connections form one client to
> the same SOAP service.
>
> - Credentials, used in all connections are NOT the same - different
> users and possibly even different authentication modes. But I would
> like TCP connections to be preserved - especially for NTLM
> authentication so it does not need to do 3-step auth every time.
>
> - If all three (Basic, Digest, NTLM) enabled on the server side (IIS),
> how can I force choosing particular type on the client side, per
> connection?  authenticator.setAuthSchemes() does not seem to work.
>
> Also, can someone explain if
>
> options.setProperty(WSClientConstants.CACHED_HTTP_STATE, new
> HttpState());
>
> is relevant, and what is the package name for WSClientConstants?
> (this is taken from
> http://axis.apache.org/axis2/java/core/docs/http-transport.html)

The behavior I see right now has the following problems (working with
Exchange server via EWS):

1) Even in case of just one soap session, with NTLM authentication,
every new request initially gets 401 and has to re-authenticate. Keeping
in mind that full request's xml is being sent over to server for
authentication, it's thrashing the performance.
With NTLM, TCP connection got to be authenticated, not request.

2) If I create several soap clients in one process, they all use the
same TCP connection. Thus even if (1) gets resolved, mixing requests
from different soap sessions will break the authentication.

3) I am unable to force-select the Authentication method I want (if all
available on the server).

Thanks,
~ Alex.