axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephanos Piperoglou <stephanos.piperog...@db.com>
Subject Re: Service expects unqualified header block
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:06:38 GMT
Hi Glen,

Thanks for the confirmation. Way ahead of you there... I modified
org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.soap11.SOAP11HeaderImpl and removed the
null check for the namespace. Yes, I know it's wrong; I promise I'll do
penance later! As for the service provider, they won't do any work on this
system because it's a legacy system which has been replaced by a newer
system. Of course, the newer system doesn't offer the functionality we
need and won't until the next release a couple of quarters down the line.
If that sounds like something out of Dilbert to you, you're not alone.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Stephanos Piperoglou
Price Control
GTO - BAC IT
+44 20 754 59007

This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of the Great East London
Software Company
Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der Great East London Software Company
├╝bermittelt

Glen Daniels <glen@thoughtcraft.com>
21/10/2010 04:26
Please respond to
java-user@axis.apache.org

java-user@axis.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Service expects unqualified header block

Hi Stephanos,

Unfortunately, it's really on the service provider to fix their broken
implementation.  You can of course get your client to work by patching the
Axis2 code (it is open source after all :)) to remove the checks, but that
would be sort of like patching a TCP stack to ignore window size
requests....
(i.e. just wrong :))

--Glen

On 10/18/2010 6:27 AM, Stephanos Piperoglou wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using Axis2 to create a client for a web service that requires a
custom
> SOAP header with an unqualified name. Now, I know this breaks the SOAP
spec
> that requires a namespace for all header blocks, but unfortunately
that's how
> this service works and there's not much I can do about it. I've added a
> handler to add the header with a null namespace and I get this axiom
exception:

> Exception in thread "Main Thread" _org.apache.axiom.om.OMException_: All
the
> SOAP Header blocks should be namespace qualified
>         at

org.apache.axiom.soap.impl.llom.soap11.SOAP11HeaderImpl.addHeaderBlock(_SOAP11HeaderImpl.java:65_)

> Is there any way to bypass this check and force an unqualified header
through?

> Regards,
> Stephanos Piperoglou
> Price Control
> GTO - BAC IT
> +44 20 754 59007
>
> This mail is transmitted to you on behalf of the Great East London
Software
> Company
> Diese Post wird Ihnen im Namen der Great East London Software Company
├╝bermittelt

> ---

you
please