axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepal jayasinghe <deep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: axis and CXF
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:56:34 GMT

> On Tuesday 28 September 2010 3:38:36 pm haipeng du wrote:
>> Which one I should use? They are both from Apache. What is big difference?
>> Thank.
> Funny this wasn't asked on the CXF lists as well...   :-)
>
> See:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1243247/difference-between-apache-cxf-and-axis/1245386#1245386
>
> I would recommend CXF.  It's more stable, generally easier to work with, performs just
as good if not better, has a MUCH better track
> record of supporting their users (aka: getting fixes to bugs released) and is much more
"standards based" from an API standpoint.
Good work, thanks for using Axis2 mailing list to promote CXF (feel
sorry about them ;-) ).  I know this is not the first time that CXF uses
Axis2 mailing list to promote their project, but what to (I know they
will definitely do that in the future).  One of the good measure to look
at the usability and popularity of a project is the download statistics,
so anyone can just look at the following two links and decide it the truth.

http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/cxf.html
http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/axis2.html

Axis2 has higher number of open issues, that does not mean project is
bad or does not support the user request, most important thing is we
have fixed most of the critical issues, for example we have fixed all
the issues up to AXIS2-1300, you can also judge that by simply looking
at the JIRA list.

Deepal