axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <g...@thoughtcraft.com>
Subject Re: Modify Web Service Call
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 14:41:52 GMT
Hi Benedikt,

On 9/8/2010 10:20 AM, Benedikt Heintel wrote:
> If all web service instances are started in the same container, I need
> to find out how to separate them for logging.
>
> Since we cannot change the web services (they are jared and will not
> contain source code), we need to find a way to enable the logging, based
> on the information we receive with the SOAP message.

It is certainly very easy (as Deepal has described) to use a Handler to
execute arbitrary code during the execution of a service request, so you just
need to figure out how to enable/disable your logging for particular threads
and you should be good to go.

Are you using a homegrown logging tool, or an open source framework?

--Glen