axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ceri tandogan <ceritando...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can not cast oracle.sql.ARRAY to oracle.sql.ARRAY
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2010 11:45:20 GMT
Hi,

1)Do not put the same jar in /usr/local/tomcat/lib/ and in /WEB-INF/lib/  try
the one of them.Jars placed in /usr/local/tomcat/lib/ should be the first loaded
ones.

2) Why is it not enough to use only ojdbc14.jar?  why you include classes12.jar?

Ceri Tando─čan

________________________________
From: Neil Youngman <Neil.Youngman@wirefast.com>
To: java-user@axis.apache.org
Sent: Wed, August 25, 2010 11:54:32 AM
Subject: Can not cast oracle.sql.ARRAY to oracle.sql.ARRAY

Can not cast oracle.sql.ARRAY to oracle.sql.ARRAY
I have an app that was working find under Java 1.4, Tomcat5 and Axis2 1.4. Under
Java 1.6, Tomcat6 and Axis2 1.4 it seems to be mostly working, but there is one
exception that I can not seem to get rid of.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: oracle.sql.ARRAY cannot be cast to
oracle.sql.ARRAY

I put some debug around the offending line of code, thus:

      Object o = p_Stmt.getObject(1);
      System.err.println( "Got class " + o.getClass() );
      oracle.sql.ARRAY arry = (oracle.sql.ARRAY)o;

and that prints

Got class class oracle.sql.ARRAY

so it's definitely an oracle.sql.ARRAY

The best information I can find about this sort of error suggests that there is
an issue somewhere with different class loaders loading up the class, probably
one at the Tomcat level and one at the Axis2 level. This didn't see, to cause
any problems on the older configuration, provided that the same version of
classes12.jar was used by both Tomcat and Axis2. Unfortunately on the newer
configuration I have been unable to get it to work.

As far as I can see the jar is in 2 places, i.e.
/usr/local/tomcat/lib/classes12.jar and axis/WEB-INF/lib/classes12.jar.

I have updated it to the more recent ojdbc14.jar, which did not help. I have
also examined every jar under /usr/local/tomcat/ and axis/WEB-INF/ to look for
conflicting definitions.

I am now stuck. Can anyone help me resolve this issue, please?

Neil Youngman

Neil Youngman
Developer
Wirefast Limited

Wirefast provides secure corporate messaging services.
See our messaging solutions at http://www.wirefast.com/Please consider the
environment.
Does this email or attachment need to be printed? This message contains
confidential information and is intended only

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please
notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
email by mistake and delete this email from your system.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.
Wirefast Limited is registered in England & Wales
Company number: 03865860
Registered Office: 7/10 Chandos Street, Cavendish Square, London, W1G 9DQ