axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Betts, Hendry" <Hendry.Be...@viasat.com>
Subject RE: SSL communication problem with axis webservice client
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 16:59:33 GMT
Nirmish,

Yes, you are missing a key factor.  The httpCommonsClient that is used
to invoke the service will depend on a trusted keystore if you are using
internal CAs.  To make this work, you will want to set the
javax.net.ssl.trustStore and javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword.  Below is
an example of a small subroutine that will check the endPoint string,
determine if it begins with "https" and if it does, will look up the
"trustedServer.keystore" and "trustedServer.keypass" values from a
properties file then if the system can find the keystore file, it will
set the trustStore and trustStorePassword properties.

if(endPoint.indexOf("https")==0) {

    String[] trustedServerArray={
"trustedServer.keystore","trustedServer.keypass" };

    List trustedServerKeys=Arrays.asList(trustedServerArray);

    Properties
trustedServerProps=pm.getProperties("gwsync",trustedServerKeys);

    String
keyStoreFile=(String)trustedServerProps.get("trustedServer.keystore");

    File keystore=new File(keyStoreFile);

    String
keystorePass=(String)trustedServerProps.get("trustedServer.keypass");

    if(keystore.exists()) {

      System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",keystore.getPath());

System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword",keystorePass);

    }

}