axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "FRYARS, Michael" <fryar...@gmail.com>
Subject re: BackportUtil jar causing memory leak
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:29:55 GMT
Hi, can anyone tell me if the problem discussed below ("BackportUtil jar
causing memory leak") was ever verified to be a genuine problem in Axis2
1.4 ?

Was this a one-off report of the problem, or is it know to be a
general/repeatable issue?

And does it definitely go away from Axis2 1.5 onwards?

Thanks in advance.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/axis-java-user/201003.mbox/%3Cb67458761003160449t5ff676e3mc73f2315ef271ff4@mail.gmail.com%3E

>From    Andreas Veithen <andreas.veit...@gmail.com>
Subject             Re: BackportUtil jar causing memory leak
Date     Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:49:09 GMT

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 09:46, mohit sikri <sikri_mohit@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

 > Hi Andreas/Axis Team,
 >
 > It is since which version of axis2.

Since Axis2 1.5.

 > We are using axis2.1.4 and there seems to be a tight coupling between
the two(backport.jar
and axis core(kernel)), isn't there any system parameter which can be
configured or a way
to configure axis2.xml so as to switch to concurrency framework provided
by jdk5 rather than
using backport.jar, by still maintaining the same version of axis.

No.