axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jan Sinschek <su...@gmx.net>
Subject Loading a Custom Deployer
Date Sun, 06 Jun 2010 18:39:43 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use a custom deployer (which for the time being is simply
a POJODeployer subtype with no extra code), and have changed the
axis2.xml accordingly. Class-loading fails, as shown, although the
deployer is found on the classpath when I spawn a JVM stand-alone
(noting the absence of a main).

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: de.cased.secmon.WeavingPOJODeployer
     at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
     at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
     at org.apache.axis2.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:261)
     at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.processDeployers(AxisConfigBuilder.java:396)
     at
org.apache.axis2.deployment.AxisConfigBuilder.populateConfig(AxisConfigBuilder.java:260)

How is the WebappClassLoader initialized, and how can I learn that? It
is necessary trying to build axis and probably whatever provides
catalina.loader (commons?) to get to that? Do I have to state additional
classpaths for this loader in a config? I have not looked inside the
jars to find out where the normal POJODeployer is to be found, but this
should be irrelevant.
I am running 1.5.1 in a Tomcat 6.0. (And yes, I have restarted tomcat,
as this seems necessary in order to have the axis2.xml be read again, my
not knowing how to just shutdown axis selectively)

On an unrelated note, the project website
http://ws.apache.org/axis2/mail-lists.html links only to the previous
mailing list; the mailer demon pointed me to the right address.

Thanks for any pointers,
Jan Sinschek