axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: infinite timeout for WS request
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 03:45:23 GMT
On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Betts, Hendry <Hendry.Betts@viasat.com>wrote:

>  First, I think (and I hope others would agree) that it is a bad idea to
> use an “infinite” timeout on a web service.  Any service that is taking
> “forever” to respond is broken (IMO).

The problem here is that the server takes a lot of time to process the
message and that processing time is not
predictable at the deployment time.

One option is to use dual channel. i.e. use the useSperateListner to true.
And make the server side asynchronous as well. But inorder to do this client
should be in a visible ip for server.

thanks,
Amila.

--