axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2-Spring integration
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:25:23 GMT
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 10:53 AM, Amila Suriarachchi <
amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Andreas Veithen <
> andreas.veithen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 19:59, Amila Suriarachchi
>> <amilasuriarachchi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Andreas Veithen <
>> andreas.veithen@gmail.com>

>> > I also agree with your analysis :) but let me tell something about it as
>> one
>> > of the initial designer of wsf/spring.
>> >
>> > As I learned about the spring (two years ago) it promotes a way to write
>> the
>> > business logic as POJOs and managed them using spring framework. Spring
>> > provides functionalities to let these business methods to access data
>> layer
>> > and expose them as web applications. But you can test the business logic
>> > without being depending on the data layer or web layer as they are
>> written
>> > as POJOs.
>> >
>> > The idea of the wsf/spring was to let people expose these POJOs as web
>> > services. For this it uses RPCMessage receiver, schema generator and
>> some
>> > utility methods of axis2-spring. So some of the new features you have
>> > mentioned was not considered by that time as well.

>> > Can we do this? According to apache rules I think it has to start an
>> > incubator project. I am +1 on starting as axis project :)
>> >
>> > For me the ideal place is in the spring code base itself. As I remember
>> this
>> > is where the cxf/xfire spring integrations lies. Since this is a feature
>> for
>> > spring users it would give a better visibility to axis2 as well.
>>
>> The intention is indeed to make this a module of Axis2, so that an
>> up-to-date version is part of every upcoming Axis2 release.
>>

> If this is an independent project then it can have independent releases
> based on some
> released Axis2 version. This allows to have more related spring features
> and release frequently.

Good idea  . Some frameworks use Spring configuration to assemble and
configure their internal components some use their specific approaches,
Axis2 use  several descriptor files such as axis2.xml, service.xml and
module.xml  for this. projects like WSF/Spring , Axis2M trying to replace
those native descriptor based approach by spring context. So this can be
treated as different implementation, so creating a independent project under
Axis2 TLP also good idea.