axis-java-user mailing list archives

From William Walsh <WWa...@curamsoftware.com>
Subject WSDL packaged with service; useOriginalwsdl and ClassCastException, NullPointerException, & NumberFormatException errors
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:03:04 GMT
Hi,

We are working with Axis2 1.5.1 in WebSphere using exploded format and are finding that if
we package the WSDL in the services directory that invocation of the service fails due to
a series of java.lang.ClassCastException, java.lang.NullPointerException, & java.lang.NumberFormatException
errors (attached is a very long stack trace from WebSphere).  This behavior changes slightly
if we include <param name="useOriginalwsdl">true</parameter> in services.xml.
 If we include it with the WSDL the NumberFormatException seems to disappear and if we have
it (false) without the WSDL in the service\<name>\META-INF directory the service still
fails. (Without the WSDL in the META-INF directory the service works fine.)

I didn't see anything in JIRA or previous threads to match these symptoms, the closest seemed
to be:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-4541 is still outstanding, but it's for an IllegalArgumentException.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-3276 is NullPointerException, but specific to
concurrent access, which isn't part of our scenario.

There are two notable differences in the WSDL generated at build time and the WSDL from listServices
(runtime):

            <xs:element name="simpleAdd">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="toAdd1" type="xs:int"/>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="toAdd2" type="xs:int"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>

versus (build-time):
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="args0" type="xs:int"/>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="args1" type="xs:int"/>

Also, the runtime WSDL includes this operation (non-existent) that the build time does not:
            <xs:element name="setSessionContext">
                <xs:complexType>
                    <xs:sequence>
                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="sc" nillable="true" type="xs:anyType"/>
                    </xs:sequence>
                </xs:complexType>
            </xs:element>

setSessionContext appears to be part of Axis2: org.apache.axis2.context.MessageContext.setSessionContext(SessionContext)

Does anyone have any experience/resolution with these symptoms?

Thanks,
William