axis-java-user mailing list archives

From glopezm <gmlopez.mackin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis2-1.5.1 and user exceptions
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 14:59:23 GMT

Thanks for your reply!
Just as an update I wanted to state that I've resolved this issue by moving
on to the axis2 jaxws implementation which works pretty good so far and
exceptions work like it is expected. Using this approach you can develop
contract last web services without spending too much time.

Regarding the contract first approach, I think it is a good practice but
almost just for the books. This is for me (saying that with all my respect
for other opinions) almost impossible to do in the real world since you
always have a tight schedule to develop an application and web services are
just a small part of it (the interface). It is not possible/reasonable to
dedicate such a long time while you have more important things to resolve
like the the core business internal implementation. I'm not saying that one
do not have to pay attention to web services and compatibility issues that
may come with contract last, but it is not a fact that you'll have problems
if you do it and even though all issues can be resolved. This is just my
opinion :-).

Regardless of what I stated, I recognize that under certain conditions
contract first might be a better approach.

Thanks again for the help!!!