axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doughty, Michael" <Michael_Doug...@bmc.com>
Subject Rampart basic: security processing failed (actions mismatch)
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:38:45 GMT
Hey guys, as I mentioned in the last request I sent to the list, I was unable to make use the
Policy-based Rampart configuration due to the malformation of the SOAP messages – Rampart
seems to have replace all empty default namespaces with the parent element’s default namespace,
causing  both my SOATest testing tool and my Axis2/Rampart based clients to be unable to parse
the resulting contents.  In all cases, the inner elements are not recognized and the clients
error out complaining that they were expecting different elements.

So I decided to try out the deprecated Rampart configuration model, and I discovered that
the resulting encryption doesn’t seem to produce the same error in the responses.  After
that, I decided to go ahead with that and replaced my Policy-based configurations with the
basic configurations completely.  However, now I am running into another odd error “WSDoAllReceiver:
security processing failed (actions mismatch)”.  The odd thing is that the service seems
to be handling the request’s security just fine, verifying all signatures, decrypting the
message, and then parsing the UsernameToken.  Only after going through every feature does
it fail like this.

The “actions” I list in the InflowSecurity section do actually match what I am sending,
so I am unsure why this is happening.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I’d greatly appreciate
your assistance as trying to get Rampart to work properly with my testing tool and clients
has been a bit of a struggle for the last few weeks.  Below is the information coming from
Tomcat’s console (including my own trace messages in the password callback handler):

Password Callback Handler called for DECRYPT: wsserver
Password Callback Handler called for USERNAME_TOKEN_UNKNOWN: admin
[INFO] Verification successful for URI "#id-32295991"
[INFO] Verification successful for URI "#id-22237361"
[INFO] Verification successful for URI "#id-14067086"
[ERROR] WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed (actions mismatch)
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: WSDoAllReceiver: security processing failed (actions
 mismatch)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processBasic(WSDoAllReceiv
er.java:344)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllReceiver.processMessage(WSDoAllRece
iver.java:86)
        at org.apache.rampart.handler.WSDoAllHandler.invoke(WSDoAllHandler.java:
72)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:318)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:251)
        at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:160)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostReq
uest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:167)
        at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:1
42)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
icationFilterChain.java:290)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
ilterChain.java:206)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
alve.java:233)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
alve.java:191)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.j
ava:128)
        at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
ava:102)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineVal
ve.java:109)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.jav
a:293)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java
:849)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.proce
ss(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:45
4)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)