axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Doughty, Michael" <Michael_Doug...@bmc.com>
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2010 01:55:55 GMT
We've rewritten several of our services from another Web services stack to Axis2 1.5.1.  We
are using Rampart 1.4 to handle the WS-Security 1.0 functionality from our previous services.

There have been a few differences though and I am unable to resolve some of them.  The most
important one right now is in the fault messages being sent from the service.

In our previous implementation, Fault messages were never signed and encrypted.  However,
in this Axis2 version they are always signed and encrypted.  I've tried a few things I've
seen from Google searches to see if I can prevent this.  One of them was to remove the security
phase from the OutFaultFlow section of the axis2.xml file in the WEB-INF/conf directory.
However, this causes the Axis2 bundle to fail to load properly.

Is there any way to prevent the faults from being signed and encrypted while still allowing
the standard outbound messages to be signed and encrypted?