axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Oded Onn" <Oded....@mobixell.com>
Subject Initializing Web Service (Server) before first request received
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 14:26:48 GMT
Hi all,

I am deploying an AXIS2 web service (server side).

My problem: The skeleton class (the one that performs all the business
logic) is read for the first time only when the first request is
received by the server. It means that the first response takes a really
long time (up to 20 seconds on a weak machine) since there are a lot of
initialization I have to perform (static init).

Solution: I am assuming I can write some sort of a main class that will
try to call the skeleton class. This is not only ugly but also prone to
all sorts of errors. Is there a proper way to init my service class? I
would expect some mechanism to be used, such as utilizing the servlet
init of the axis servlet.

Anyone? Thanks!

Oded