axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "jamie" <jam...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Multiple classes
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:16:31 GMT
Hi Everyone

Thanks for your suggestions regarding multiple classes. I've
decided to use multiple web services for each section of the API,
however, I cannot get services within the servicegroup to
share properties.

In the Test web service that controls the login. Once the user
has logged in successfully, I call the newSession object that
sets the
Config object to a property.

private void newSession() throws AxisFault {
        if(mc!=null) {
              ServiceGroupContext sgc =
mc.getServiceGroupContext();
              if (sgc != null) {
                  sgc.setProperty("config", config);
              }
        }
 }

In the services.xml, I set the scope of each of the services to
"transportsession":

<service name="Test2" scope="transportsession">
    <Description>
        MailArchiva search API
    </Description>
    <messageReceivers>
        <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver"
/>
        <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
    </messageReceivers>
    <parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="false">com.test.Test2</parameter>
</service>
<service name="Test1" scope="transportsession">
    <Description>
      Test API
    </Description>
    <messageReceivers>
        <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver"
/>
        <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
    </messageReceivers>
    <parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="false">com.test.Test1</parameter>
</service>

In the Test2 service implementation, I have a getConfig() object
which is called by each of the methods to set the internal
application configuration object

    private Config getConfig() throws AxisFault {
        MessageContext mc =
MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext();
        if(mc.getServiceGroupContext()!=null) {
             Config config =
(Config)mc.getServiceGroupContext().getProperty("config");
             if (config!=null) {
                 return config;
             }
        }
        throw new AxisFault("not logged in");
    }

When the web service client calls the above,
getProperty("config") always returns null. Thus,
there is no sharing taking place.

In the web service client, I do the following:

test1Stub = new Test1Stub(url+"/MailArchiva");
test1Stub._getServiceClient().getOptions().setManageSession(true)
;

Am I missing something important here? Anyone know why the
session is not applied across all servicegroups?

Thanks

Jamie