axis-java-user mailing list archives

From macima <m...@markmaciver.com>
Subject Hot Update doen't fire ServiceLifeCycle.shutDown()
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:10:43 GMT

I've implemented the ServiceLifeCycle interface to create and close
connections in the startUp and shutDown methods.   shutDown is fired when
Tomcat is shutdown, however it isn't fired when I perform a hot update (i.e
drop a new version of the aar file into the services directory).  Is this by
design?   If so, is there a way to fire cleanup code when an arr is "hot
updated".  I'm running Axis 1.5 and Tomcat 5.5.23.

Thanks

Mark Mac