axis-java-user mailing list archives

From tislam <tariq.is...@daston.com>
Subject Re: Third web service invoctaion always throws Timeout Exception
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 17:18:47 GMT

Hello Again,
     I must say that I was disheartened to not get any response from anyone.
While I continued my painful "debugging" journey, I found the solution that
worked for me. It is basically Amila's suggested solution with a caveat for
my situation. For some unknown reason, the following options did not work:

        options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, true);
        options.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT,
this.httpClient);

I had to set these options to the configuration context instead:

	ConfigurationContext context =
this.client.getServiceContext().getConfigurationContext();
        context.setProperty(HTTPConstants.REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT, true);
        context.setProperty(HTTPConstants.CACHED_HTTP_CLIENT,
this.httpClient);
        context.setProperty(HTTPConstants.AUTO_RELEASE_CONNECTION, true);

    It baffles me as to why the former did not work for me as it worked for
most people (as I found on google). I wish someone can explain to me some
logical reason for this. I wasted a couple of days pondering why it didn't
work. But at the end, it all worked out for.

Thanks,
Tariq.