axis-java-user mailing list archives

From mustvicky <mustvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Axis2: Client side ConnectionPoolTimeoutException: Timeout waiting for connection
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:55:37 GMT

Hi,

While using Axis2, after many successful soap calls, I get the following
error:

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by:
javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Timeout waiting for connection at
org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPConnectionImpl.handleSOAPMessage(SOAPConnectionImpl.java:194)
at
org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPConnectionImpl.call(SOAPConnectionImpl.java:130)
at
amazon.subway.mapps.accmgmtui.payment.sduihelpers.SSWeb.callSubwayImpl(SSWeb.java:308)
... 38 more Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Timeout waiting for
connection at org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:430) at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:203)
at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:76) at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:400)
at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:225)
at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:435) at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:402)
at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:229)
at org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:165)
at
org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPConnectionImpl.handleSOAPMessage(SOAPConnectionImpl.java:188)
... 40 more Caused by:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectionPoolTimeoutException: Timeout
waiting for connection at

I have the following constraints because of which I cannot setup a dynamic
configuration but can only use the static configuration of axis2.xml file.

The constrain is that I am using connection =
SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance().createConnection();
SOAPMessage response = connection.call(msg, url);

to make a call to a webservice. I am bound to use this way of calling
webservice because of various other technical and non-technical constraints.

But I am sure that I am using Axis2 because
SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance().createConnection() call returns a axis2
soap connection (org.apache.axis2.saaj.SOAPConnectionImpl)

Also the axis2.xml file is present in one of the dependent jars.. but I am
not sure if that is being picked up or not .. this is because when I setup a
property in that jar's xml file as (by uncompressing the jar, doing the
changes in axis2.xml and again creating the jar):

<transportSender name="https"
class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender">
<parameter name="PROTOCOL">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
<parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>
<parameter name="REUSE_HTTP_CLIENT">true</parameter>
<parameter name="Keep-Alive">true</parameter>
<parameter name="userAgent">MyAxis2</parameter>
</transportSender>

The user agent is still coming as "Axis2" (default) in the SOAP request
(looked through tcpmon) while I have MyAxis2 setup in the axis2.xml file.

Can I tell Axis2 to use the axis2.xml from a particular location?
I tried looking at the configuration context of axis2, but since I am not
using the standard Axis2 calls.. i am unable to feed the configuration
context to any call at runtime.

TIA