axis-java-user mailing list archives

From nhcoder <andrewnbenja...@hotmail.com>
Subject A spring resource xml file, Axis, Tomcat, and Eclipse can be found but can't be found
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 20:55:50 GMT

Hi,

I have a jar file that I am importing into my axis2 web service aar.  The
jar file has a Spring resource file in it called license-beans2.xml which
handles my data access objects.  If I run my service through Eclipse and let
Eclipse deploy it to Tomcat, everything about my service works perfectly.
The WSDL displays and the service returns the data it should.

Since I need to deploy it on a production machine, I packaged my service
into an aar file using the axis2 packaging Eclipse plugin, made absolutely
sure the jar file with the Spring xml file was in the aar file, and decided
to deploy it to an external Tomcat instance.  Now when I hit the service I
get the following error:

Exception parsing XML document from class path resource
[license-beans2.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException:
class path resource [license-beans2.xml] cannot be opened because it does
not exist.

I have done a bunch of searching around and thought I had this issue taken
care of previously.  I don't understand how Eclipse could deploy it
automagically without any issues but it blows up when I try to hit the
service when it is installed manually.  My only guess is that Eclipse is
doing something with the classpath (making it global or something to that
effect) because it doesn't install the web service in the same way that a
manual install would be done.  If anyone can shed some light on how to get
the axis2 service to see the spring xml file that would be great.

Thanks,

Andy