axis-java-user mailing list archives

From ram <ram_ku...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 07:28:24 GMT
Any suggestions on this ??

Thanks & Regards,
Ram

--- On Fri, 4/12/09, ram <ram_kurra@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

From: ram <ram_kurra@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: java.io.IOException: Non nillable element
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Date: Friday, 4 December, 2009, 9:56 PM

Hi,
  In my xsd's the element is declared as nillable=true

  While in serverside, i am building the response from the database. if this element is not
having the data in the database, i am getting  IOException. Non nillable element

      Each time do i need to check from the database whether the value is null or not
if so then i need to manually set the element.
  like the following way

if (info.getName().getFirstName() != null) {
                name.setFirstName(info.getName().getFirstName());
            } else {
                name.setFirstName("");

 }

             Its of more painfull, since in my xsd most of the elements are like
nillable='true'

                Is there any alternate for this??

Thanks & Regards,
Ram