axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Dysart <ADys...@prospricing.com>
Subject RE: Any way to configure a write timeout as an Axis2 client?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 03:22:41 GMT
HTTP 1.1.  BTW, this is Axis2 1.4.1.

-andy

________________________________
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 8:09 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Any way to configure a write timeout as an Axis2 client?

Andy-

seems to be specific to the transport that the connector is using..which protocol are you
using ..HTTP 1.0 or HTTP1.1?

Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

________________________________
From: ADysart@prospricing.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 18:17:44 -0600
Hello Chinmoy - thanks for your quick reply.  I have tried this and unfortunately it does
not seem to work.  It does effectively set the read timeout on the underlying socket, but
if the server malfunctions and stops reading and the message is large enough to fill the socket
flow control buffers, then the write ends up blocking and never times out.

Has anyone else seen this issue or know of a solution?

-andy