axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Andy Dysart <ADys...@prospricing.com>
Subject Any way to configure a write timeout as an Axis2 client?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:17:21 GMT
Hello all,

We are having a problem with some Axis2 client code that is making a web service call to a
server we do not control where that server gets locked up in some kind of bad state after
having accepted a connection from us, but it does not read all of the request.

The data is relatively large (> 2 megabytes) and our client code ends up getting blocked
on a socket write call.  We've successfully determined how to configure a timeout for the
initial connection, and a timeout for the read of the response once the request is completely
written.  But we have not found a way to configure a timeout on the write of the request itself.

The net result is that when the server fails in this way, our client code gets stuck on a
socket write call which never times out.

Does anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance,
-andy