axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Håkon Sagehaug <Hakon.Sageh...@bccs.uib.no>
Subject Increase performance using axis 2 client stubs
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:02:09 GMT
hi all,

In our project we've got a web portal that uses web services, that we call
by generating stubs using axis2 lib, as the back bone. I'm looking for ways
to improve the performance in  the calling bit now I've stated reusing the
HttpClient object that is used, we have a Util class that wrappes the logic
of calliing  all the services so for now we're interacting with three, and
all uses the same HttpClient object. Should every call be inside a
syncronized block?like this

    synchronized(httpClient){
        call service
        }

Or is it a better way to do this?Could the http clients be in a pool managed
by tomcat in some way?

Also if there is any other tricks on how to increase performace on client
side axis2 calls, please say how

cheers, Håkon

--
Håkon Sagehaug, Scientific Programmer