axis-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chinmoy Chakraborty <cch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error page returned instead of Soap Exception when WS-Security Authentication fails in Rampart
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:08:48 GMT
I saw this error and I suppose this is fixed in 1.5..you can look at [1].

[1]. [
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAMPART-236?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12739525#action_12739525]

HTH,
Chinmoy



On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Ellecer Valencia <ellecer@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up WS-Security (just username/password-clear-text)
> and I'm trying to get the service to return a Soap Exception when the
> user logs in with the wrong details. Should be easy, right? However, I
> keep getting HTTP 500 error pages instead of Soap Exceptions, like
> this one:
>
> <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 - Error
> report</title><style><!--H1
>
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
> H2
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
> H3
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
> BODY
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;}
> B
> {font-family:Tahoqma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
> P
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A
> {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color :
> #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 - </h1><HR
> size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status
> report</p><p><b>message</b> <u></u></p><p><b>description</b>
<u>The
> server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
> fulfilling this request.</u></p><HR size="1"
> noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18</h3></body></html>
>
> Now I'm testing using axis 1.4.1, putting the exploded webapp in the
> tomcat /webapps directory. When I started getting the error pages, I
> thought removing the mappings for the HTTP 500 error in
> /WEB-INF/web.xml would fix it, but it didn't. I've now removed
> everything else in the Tomcat webapps directory, I've cleaned out the
> Tomcat /work directory, I've even removed the /axis2-web directory in
> the Axis webapp, just to eliminate the possiblity of any more JSPs -
> *and the error pages still keep displaying*.
>
> I came across a post from July that is having a problem similar to mine:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=axis-user&m=124662013625695&w=2
>
> However, I didn't come across any posts that resolved his problem.
>
> The software I'm using is:
>
> Axis 1.4.1
> Rampart 1.4
> Tomcat 6.0.18
>
> Has anyone encountered this problem and what fixed it? I've tried
> doing it using policy.xml and via "basic" rampart config, and am
> getting similar results.
>
> Actually, the curious thing is that when I get the error from a
> service configured with "basic" rampart config, I get a stacktrace,
> like this:
>
> m<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 - Error
> report</title><style><!--H1
>
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;}
> H2
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;}
> H3
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;}
> BODY
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;}
> B
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;}
> P
> {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A
> {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color :
> #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 - </h1><HR
> size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Exception
> report</p><p><b>message</b> <u></u></p><p><b>description</b>
<u>The
> server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from
> fulfilling this request.</u></p><p><b>exception</b>
> <pre>java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>  org.apache.rampart.RampartMessageData.&lt;init&gt;(RampartMessageData.java:308)
>        org.apache.rampart.MessageBuilder.build(MessageBuilder.java:61)
>
>  org.apache.rampart.handler.RampartSender.invoke(RampartSender.java:64)
>        org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:317)
>        org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:264)
>        org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.sendFault(AxisEngine.java:520)
>
>  org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.handleFault(AxisServlet.java:416)
>
>  org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.processAxisFault(AxisServlet.java:379)
>
>  org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:167)
>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
>        javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
> </pre></p><p><b>note</b> <u>The full stack trace
of the root cause is
> available in the Apache Tomcat/6.0.18 logs.</u></p><HR size="1"
> noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/6.0.18</h3></body></html>
>
> -- and it says "Exception report" instead of "Status report" like in
> the first one. I don't know if this indicates it's a different page
> that is hardcoded inside of Axis (just guessing here)?
>
> Thanks in advance for any ideas and help from all you wonderful
> members of the mailing list.  =)
>
>
> thanks,
>
> Ellecer
>

Mime
View raw message