axis-java-user mailing list archives

From João Manuel Roseira Borges <e-jbor...@tap.pt>
Subject A question about the stub binding class from the WSDL2Java generated code
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:06:26 GMT
Hello to whoever cares to answer me to this question,

I recently started to work in a team that is meant to give support to some java web applications
in a production environment. The framework is JAVA2EE with usage of your axis packages to
provide the web services. In the following a debugging incursion to the code, I found myself
looking to the code of the binding stub class generated by the WSDL2Java tool - version 1.4
- specificaly the implemented method from the portType interface. In this file servicemaneSoapBindingStub.java,
at lines 104 and 105, I find the following:

94:       org.apache.axis.client.Call _call = createCall();
            try{
104:                 java.lang.Object _resp = _call.invoke(new java.lang.Object[] {parameterStringRequest});
105:                 if (_resp instanceof java.rmi.RemoteException) {

My question is the following:
After examining the code from the class org.apache.axis.client.Call, I've got under the impression
that the method invoke from class org.apache.axis.client.Call may throw exceptions from class
java.rmi.RemoteException  but never returns an object from this Exception class. Am i right?
If so, is this a problem for the stub class code?

Looking forward to hear from you,

---
João Manuel Roseira Borges
Suporte Aplicacional TAP/Megasis