axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Balsoma, Dominick" <Dominick.Bals...@disney.com>
Subject Need to scrub non-XML characters from WS response
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 17:54:27 GMT
Hello, I am writing a client in Java using Axis 1.4 (Not Axis2) and the 3rd party web service
I am connecting to is sending back non UTF-8 characters (such as é) to my client, where the
SAXParser is tripping up on these characters.  How can I scrub these characters out of the
XML stream before they arrive at the SAX Parser and cause a fault?  Is this possible?

Thank you,

-          Dominick

*The opinions and concerns expressed in this email are entirely that of the writer and not
of TWDC*