axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Consume XML using Axis2 without creating Java objects
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 07:39:24 GMT
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:27 PM, mule_user <sgho@aol.com> wrote:

> Please advise what are my choices for the situation below:
>
> I receive XML as the input. I have no need (nor, have any intention) of
> creating any Java object out of the incoming XML. Could you please explain
> how can the incoming XML be consumed using using Axis 2? I may want to
> apply
> XSLT on the XML. But I have no need (nor have any desire) to create any
> Java
> object.
>
> Following are my questions:
> 1. What do I have to do to just consume the incoming XML? Please explain
> the
> steps needed for doing so using Axis2. In other words, I have no need (nor
> any desire) to convert the XML into a corresponding Java object. I just
> want
> to process the XML object as it comes. I may run XSLT on the incoming XML.
> just want to consume that XML without going through the overhead of
> creating
> additional Java objects.
>
> 2. Or, do I still have to execute wsdl2Java and use the generated
> client/stub Java classes for processing the XML?

Have a look at here to  understand how you can write a custom message
receiver[1]. At your message
receiver you can get the xmlstream without building the message using this
method

inMessage.getEnvelope().getBody().getFirstElement().getXMLStreamReaderWithoutCaching()

thanks,
Amila.

[1] http://wso2.org/library/articles/extending-axis2