axis-java-user mailing list archives

From David Dearing <ddear...@stottlerhenke.com>
Subject AbstractMethodError in simple Rampart client
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 18:47:09 GMT
I have created a simple Axis2 "echo" service and client and am now
trying to add Rampart security, starting with a simple UsernameToken and
plain text Password.

The secured service is running and it rejects client calls that are
missing the required SOAP header.

I set up the client to add the username and password, but I get an
AbstractMethodError on the client side.  Am I missing a configuration
step or an overlooked dependency?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I'm using Axis2 1.5 and Rampart 1.4.  The rahas-1.4 and rampart-1.4
modules *do* get deployed from the client repo.  Brief code snippet:

   ConfigurationContext ctx = //snip: Factory.create(repo)
   SecureServiceStub stub = new SecureServiceStub(ctx);

   // configure rampart security
   ServiceClient sc = stub._getServiceClient();
   sc.engageModule("rampart");

   Options options = sc.getOptions();
   options.setUserName("guest");
   options.setPassword("pass");

   stub.echo("hello");

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXBuilder.processAttributes(StAXBuilder.java:230)
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.populateOMElement(StAXOMBuilder.java:396)
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.createOMElement(StAXOMBuilder.java:425)
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.createNextOMElement(StAXOMBuilder.java:282)
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.next(StAXOMBuilder.java:207)
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.dom.DocumentImpl.getOMDocumentElement(DocumentImpl.java:443)
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.builder.StAXOMBuilder.getDocumentElement(StAXOMBuilder.java:502)
org.apache.rahas.Token.<init>(Token.java:141)
org.apache.rampart.builder.BindingBuilder.handleSupportingTokens(BindingBuilder.java:388)