axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Bharath_Nabble <bharath.kris...@wipro.com>
Subject Building Webservice Client using Axis
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 12:49:14 GMT

I am working on creating a webservice and a client to access this webservice.
I am using axis2 for creating the webservice. These are the steps I
followed.

1. Created a sample Convertor.java with 2 basic methods.

2. Compiled this java file to a Convertor.class.

3. Used axis provided utility 'java2wsdl.bat' to create a convertor.wsdl
file.

D:\WS-Sample\classes>d:\Installed_Softwares\axis2-1.5\bin\java2wsdl.bat -cp
. -of ..\convertor.wsdl
-tn urn:convertor -l http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2/services/convertor -cn
Convertor

4. Used axis provided utility 'wsdl2java.bat' to create the required java
files and the build file.(Used the parameters as mentioned in the axis2
guide)

D:\WS-Sample>d:\Installed_Softwares\axis2-1.5\bin\wsdl2java.bat -uri
convertor.wsdl
-p org.wssample.ws.generated -d adb -s -ss -sd -ssi

5. This step created
a) ConvertorMessageReceiverInOut.class, ConvertorSkeleton.class ,
ConvertorSkeletonInterface.class (NOTE THAT THERE IS NOT STUB CLASSES
CREATED) in build\classes\generated folder
b) build.xml file
c) Factory classes in org\apache\ws\axis2 folder
d) Convertor.xml / services.xml in resources folder.
e) Java src files under the src folder.

6. Used the ant build 'jar.server', 'jar.client' to create the convertor.aar
and Convertor-test-client.jar files.

7. Copied the .aar file into the tomcat webapps folder and I am able to view
the 2 methods which I had defined.

Now the problem is I want to write a client program to consume this service.
In the examples provided the java client is written which uses the Stub
object, but I could not find any Stub class in the generated folder.
Please provide me some information to write a Client program to consume the
services.