axis-java-user mailing list archives

From mule_user <s...@aol.com>
Subject Axis2 - Can I deploy EAR, WAR, JAR using my app server's admin console, Message service support in Axis2
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 18:29:42 GMT

I am using Axis2 version 1.5. I am new to this. I have successfully created a
JAR file, renamed it as AAR, deployed it using Axis2 Admin console and
successfully called the web service from a client. The enpoint is like:
http://localhost:9081/axis2/services/CalculatorService  where services is
the name of the project and CalculatorService is the name of the web
service.

I would like to know what I need to do if I want to deploy the application
using my application server's admin console (WebSphere 6.1 Admin console)
instead of using Axis2 admin console. Also, can I have a web project (WAR,
or EAR file) that will get deployed using WebSphere Admin console, instead
of using Axis2 admin console? If I used WebSphere's admin console to deploy
the JAR file for the services project, it may not be under axis2 context. As
I understand, it is important to have axis2 in the context. If I deploy
using Admin console of WebSphere for example, what am I required to do?

With that being the reference, following are my questions:

1.  What do I need to do to deploy an application (JAR, WAR, EAR) using my
application server's Admin console (e.g. WebSphere) ? Please provide any
guidence, or any link/documentation.

2.  Or, is Axis2 admin console the only choice to deploy an application?

3.  Is there any special step needed for deploying WAR and EAR (as opposed
to JAR) using application server's admin console (e.g., WebSphere)? Please
provide any guidence, or any link/documentation.

4. Can Axis2 admin console be used to deploy WAR and EAR along with JAR
(need to rename it as aar)?

5. Does Axis2 provide support for Message service similar to Axis 1? Please
provide any guidence, or any link/documentation.

In other words, does Axis2 provide API similar to the following from Axis1?
public Element [] method(Element [] bodies);
public SOAPBodyElement [] method (SOAPBodyElement [] bodies);
public Document method(Document body);
public void method(SOAPEnvelope req, SOAPEnvelope resp);