axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Raoul <nicolas.raoul.li...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP Authentication with Axis 1.4
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:01:29 GMT
Hello all,

I use an existing Web Service that requires HTTP authentication.
I spent hours today trying to find the official way to set the
username and password, and I could not find any documentation, so I
did some reverse-engineering of the Axis2-generated classes and came
up with this code:

String url = "http://admin:pass@example.com/service"
return new WeatherProxy(url).getTemperature();

Please note the "admin:pass" in the URL.
Is it the supported way to do HTTP authentication with Axis 1.4?

While searching on the Web, I have seen a lot of different Java
methods about setting the user and password, but none of these methods
were to be found in the classes wsdl2java generated (Axis 1.4 via
Eclipse) :
- Weather.java
- WeatherProxy.java
- WeatherService.java
- WeatherServiceLocator.java
- WeatherSoapBindingStub.java
- and classes for each method and type declared in the WSDL

Thank you very much!
Nicolas Raoul
http://nicolas-raoul.blogspot.com