axis-java-user mailing list archives

From robert lazarski <robertlazar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: aar and hibernate
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:06:42 GMT
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM, ANTHONY ENNIS <tony.ennis@insightbb.com> wrote:
> I have a web service that performs a simple database lookup. Unfortunately,
> Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory('xyzzy') fails in all cases.
>
> My aar looks like:
> /com
>        (class files in package format eg com/this/that/x.class)
> /META-INF
>     services.xml
> /lib
>     numerous jars
>
> I don't know where to put the persistence.xml file.  I have tried putting it
> everywhere.  I keep getting the following error:
>
> javax.persistence.PersistenceException: No Persistence provider for
> EntityManager named xyzzy
>         at
> javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:56)
>         at
> javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:34)
>         at
> com.papajohns.snapshot.webservice.SurveySubmissionWebService.getSurvey(SurveySubmissionWebService.java:63)
>
> (etc)
>
> Or does that error mean something else?

The only thing really required in your aar is a services.xml . Put
your classes under WEB-INF/classes and you should have no problems.
Hibernate uses the TCCL (Thread context classloader) so you can't load
hibernate there without some tricks - for example what the spring
support docs show for hibernate.

- R