axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: aar and hibernate
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:17:22 GMT

check your ant or maven scripts to find out which container you're deploying to
tomcat is a webapp container and axis as a war(WebApplicationArchive) will deploy there with
minimal configuration..on the other hand if you have EJBs, persistence or timed services you're
going to need Appserver such as Glassfish..in which case you'll need to use Glassfish admin
interface to deploy your axis2 war

Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> From: tony.ennis@insightbb.com
> To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> Subject: Re: aar and hibernate
> Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 19:12:51 -0400
>

> On Sep 25, 2009, at 6:30 PM, robert lazarski wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Tony Ennis
> > <tony.ennis@insightbb.com> wrote:
> >> I'm at home now, so no checking for me.  Thank God.
> >>
> >> Am I sure? As sure as I can be.  Previously the aar had "com" at
> >> the root.
> >>  I moved the entire com tree to WEB-INF/classes/... as per your
> >> suggestion.
> >>  I ASSume WEB-INF should be at the root of the aar...
> >>
> >> Using the latest and greatest Axis2 and Jetspeed.
> >>

> > When you say " I ASSume WEB-INF should be at the root of the aar" ,
> > that doesn't seem right. The aar goes in your WEB-INF/services , and
> > the format of the aar should be just:
> >
> > ./myExample.aar
> > ./META-INF
> > ./META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> > ./META-INF/services.xml
> >
> > I have no idea about Axis2 compatability with Jetspeed - I'd try
> > tomcat 6 first to see if that's the issue.
> >
> > - R
>

> I'm just talking about the structure of the aar file.
>
> If I understand the documentation correctly, the aar file should have
> a META-INF folder inside, at the root.  There should be a services.xml
> file in the META-INF folder.  Also at the root is a lib folder.
> Finally, I had my classes at the root under 'com.'
>
> All that was working fine before I tried getting a database connection.
>
> I deploy the aar file to axis2/WEB-INF/services and didn't change any
> other files.  Everything the webapp needs is in the aar file.
>
> Jetspeed uses tomcat under the hood I believe.

Bing™  brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.   Try it now.