axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Mike Rheinheimer <r...@apache.org>
Subject Re: looking for sample code (simultaneous SOAP, REST and JSON)
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 19:25:08 GMT
It sounds like a pure REST implementation is better suited for your needs
than Axis2 with a REST layer on top.  Is that right?  Do you know for sure
that you need some of the underlying Axis2 or webservices technologies?  If
you can give up WSDL and SOAP, why not give a good JAX-RS implementation a
try?  (... and you can still support SOAP with a JAX-RS implementation.  I
suppose it depends how much effort you want to put into it.  Like you said,
it may be quite a bit of work to get REST and JSON working on top of Axis2
along with WSDL tweaks.  With JAX-RS implementations, specifically Apache
Wink, you get REST and JSON "out-of-the-box")

See Apache Wink:  http://incubator.apache.org/wink/

It's still in incubator, but it's getting enough attention that I think it
will be out pretty soon.