axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Demetris <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: Axis 2 Client on Mobile Devices
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 04:29:45 GMT

Hey Adam,

    so what I have found out is that primarily the stacks of Axis/Axis2
or CXF are not geared towards
the mobile device industry (under J2ME that is) either on the client or
on the server side. I was able to
build efficient SOAP-based WS clients using the kSOAP2 API, however,
using the Jalimo (GNU
classpath for Linux Java that is pretty close to J2SE) I was able to run
Axis and Axis2 as clients
and as servers (bundles in OSGi containers). The problem I ran into when
I was running these as
servers was that the XML parsers used by Jalimo (which is a similar
issue I had with J2ME) are
not compatible with whatever WSDL or SOAP messages the client side was
generating.
    Please keep me posted of any other findings you may have - I have a
few more myself that
had the same fate as the ones above so I figured it makes no sense to
repeat them here.

Good luck