axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Sagara Gunathunga <sagara.gunathu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: persistance using POJO's
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:40:36 GMT
This is also possible by implementing ServiceLifeCycle interface [1],
it contains two methods called startUp (..) and shutDown(..) that can
be used to open db connection at service deployment time  and close at
db connection at system shut down time.

So you can use  startUp (..) method to open the db connection and set
it as a parameter in AxisService.

Once you have a implementation class you can define it using "class"
attribute on service.xml file as follows .

<service   name="MyServiceName"
                 class="MyServiceLifeCycleImpl" >

[1] - http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/api/org/apache/axis2/engine/ServiceLifeCycle.html

Thanks,