axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Wilkinson" <John_Wilkin...@xyratex.com>
Subject RE: persistance using POJO's
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:55:00 GMT
Thank you Sagara,
If I implement the ServiceLifeCycle interface, can you give me a simple example of how I would
access the connection from a POJO, and how the startup method saves the connection to a parameter,
please.

Many regards,
John.

John Wilkinson.
Product Engineer.
----x-y-r-a-t-e-x----
e-mail: john_wilkinson@xyratex.com
Tel: +44 (0)2392 6225
Mobile: +44 (0)7810 497152
-----Original Message-----
From: Sagara Gunathunga [mailto:sagara.gunathunga@gmail.com]
Sent: 23 September 2009 09:41
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: persistance using POJO's

This is also possible by implementing ServiceLifeCycle interface [1],
it contains two methods called startUp (..) and shutDown(..) that can
be used to open db connection at service deployment time  and close at
db connection at system shut down time.

So you can use  startUp (..) method to open the db connection and set
it as a parameter in AxisService.

Once you have a implementation class you can define it using "class"
attribute on service.xml file as follows .

<service   name="MyServiceName"
                 class="MyServiceLifeCycleImpl" >

[1] - http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_4_1/api/org/apache/axis2/engine/ServiceLifeCycle.html

Thanks,