axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Wilkinson" <John_Wilkin...@xyratex.com>
Subject persistance using POJO's
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:11:36 GMT
Hi,

I wish to have my service persist POJO's to a postgresql database.

 Every time I call a service, do I need to connect to a database, and
then at the end close the connection. Or is there a way to open the
connection when the service is first called, and then close when I stop
using the service, say by a method call?

Many regards,

John.

This email may contain privileged or confidential information, which should only be used for
the purpose for which it was sent by Xyratex. No further rights or licenses are granted to
use such information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify
the sender by return and delete it. You may not use, copy, disclose or rely on the information
contained in it.

Internet email is susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment
for which Xyratex does not accept liability. While we have taken reasonable precautions to
ensure that this email is free of viruses, Xyratex does not accept liability for the presence
of any computer viruses in this email, nor for any losses caused as a result of viruses.

Xyratex Technology Limited (03134912), Registered in England & Wales, Registered Office,
Langstone Road, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 1SA.

The Xyratex group of companies also includes, Xyratex Ltd, registered in Bermuda, Xyratex
International Inc, registered in California, Xyratex (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd registered in Malaysia,
Xyratex Technology (Wuxi) Co Ltd registered in The People's Republic of China and Xyratex
Japan Limited registered in Japan.