axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Meyer, Aaron L." <ALMe...@magellanhealth.com>
Subject Where's wsgen and wsimport?
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 18:06:50 GMT
The immediate problem I hope you can help me with:

I can't find wsgen or wsimport in the distribution for 1.5.  I'm
wondering why there is documentation for JAXWS but apparently it's not
included.  Also, I would like to know if JAXWS is what I should learn if
just starting out since (if I understand what I read correctly) it
appears as though it will be the J2EE standard way of creating Web
Services.  So how do I get JAXWS to work with Axis - that's the missing
part in the documentation.

Other comments:

I'm trying to learn Web Services and I just went through the JBoss In
Action chapter and successfully created a simple web service (apparently
based on JAXWS).  I then decided I would like to also learn Axis (partly
because we aren't on the latest JBoss server).  I quickly became
frustrated for the following reasons:

The documentation is very confusing because it offers all these
different technologies you can use but offers no guidelines as to which
to use, and the examples under the different sections aren't even
consistent (e.g. Quick Start vs. User Guide).   This is only made worse
by the (apparently) missing support for JAXWS (even though it's
documented as though it is supported).

It would save a lot of frustration if you could clarify all this in the
documentation (especially the JAXWS part).

By the way - this is not meant to 'trash' your product by any means, but
rather to be constructive information in hopes of improvements.

Thanks,

Aaron Meyer

Senior Programmer/Analyst - Provider Data Systems

Magellan Health Services

14100 Magellan Plaza

Maryland Heights, MO 63043

Phone: (314) 387-4297