axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Mannion <chris.mann...@nonstopgov.com>
Subject Writing a service with multiple operations
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 13:06:17 GMT
Hi all

I've been re-building my old Axis based web-services as Axis2 services
but am a little puzzled about one issue.  Two of the services I have
make multiple operations available so I'm just wondering how I got
about building that with Axis2.  All the other services that I've
managed to deploy so far all have only one operation so I've managed
to build Java classes with one method which takes an OMElement as
input without really understanding how Axis2 knows that that's the
correct method to call when the web-service is invoked.  Now that
there will be multiple methods to match multiple operations on the
web-service, I really need to properly understand how Axis determines
which class method relates to which WS operation.  Is it as simple as
making sure the methods have the same name as the operations or is
there something more complicated I'll need to do?

--
Chris Mannion
iCasework and LocalAlert implementation team