axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Demetris G <demet...@ece.neu.edu>
Subject Re: WSDL gen error
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:27:38 GMT

Hi Lars,

    thanks for  the response and the info regarding the namespace. My
issue is the following -

We have the Axis (1.4) bundles running in the OSGi container on a set of
Linux machines with
no issues. Web Services can be published and invoked upon - the WSDL
files that are generated
by these Axis bundles are correct and they can generate correct
operational stubs.
We needed to run a few of these on some powerful mobile devices that can
actually run Jalimo,
a full version (for fhe most part) of Java 1.5 based on the GNU
libraries. So we simply installed
the same OSGi container and Axis (1.4) bundles on them and ran them. The
Axis servers work
as they should, the generate WSDL files when invoked - however, the WSDL
file they generate
encaplsulate the scheme definitions in <types> tags instead of
<wsdl:types> ! This is an issue
because  the XML parsers that process <wsdl:types> tags nicely have a
problem with the <types>
tags.
After hours of searching I came upon this -
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS-2336.
Others a while back have encountered the same issue when running Axis on
particular containers.
However, (a) their resolution is specific to their container (b) my
issue is not the type of container
since the OSGi container works fine with Axis. My issue is that I moved
more a Linux desktop
to a Linux mobile device, even though the executables and runtime
remained the same.

I know that Axis 1.4 is ancient, however, there are still many of them
in production and migration
for us is in our future plans but for now we need to get this to work.
Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards

Lars Ericsson wrote:
> HI Demtirs!
>
> I couldn't understand what is your problem, please describe more about
> your problem.
> The namespace  can be anything, and it is nothing to do whit network,
> connection or anything else.
> Please read more about namespace.
> but if you get two different wsdl from two different environment,
> sound strange, alse i suppose you have the same axis-version same-java
> version and so on.
> Please check manually call any service on those two service, if you
> don't get the same respons, it is some thing you should be worried
> about it. otherwise the differences between those two wsdl-s is not
> importent.

This causes