axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jens Rutschmann <Jens.Rutschm...@gmx.info>
Subject How to create an asynchronous in-out operation with WS-Addressing
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 08:43:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to create a WebService using axis with asynchronous operations that
have an output. I already read some documentation about asynchronous WS in Axis
but I still don't know to which extent axis supports users there.

Currently I'm following the top-down approach, modeling the WSDL in Eclipse,
then creating the server skeleton using wsdl2java.

The client of the service will be the Apache ODE Workflow Engine, which should
provide an EPR when calling WS asynchronously.

For asynchronous operations I think there are two possibilities:

1. Create an in-only operation, as well as a second in-only operation in another
WSDL, which represents the return path of the first operation's "out" message.

2. Create an in-out operation using an asynchronous message receiver in service.xml.

Is it even possible to provide an in-out operation that can be called either
synchronous or asynchronous (without providing two version in the WSDL),
depending on the client supplying an EPR or not?

Best regards,
Jens