axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Opacki, Chris (Bond, Bond HO)" <Chris.Opa...@thehartford.com>
Subject RE: UnsupportedOperationException - changing non void method to void
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:48:54 GMT

________________________________

From: William Shatner [mailto:shatner.william@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 6:00 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: UnsupportedOperationException - changing non void method to
void

Hi all...

I've returned to this project and I still have the same issue. If my web
service exposes a public method that returns a string everything is
fine, but if i change this to a void method, regenerate the web service
(using Eclipse) I get the following error when i call this method. If I
change it back to a method that returns something the error disappears.

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: An
access occurred that is not valid.
at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java
:512)
at
org.apache.axis2.description.RobustOutOnlyAxisOperation$RobustOutOnlyOpe
rationClient.handleResponse(RobustOutOnlyAxisOperation.java:91)
at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:416)
at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInA
xisOperation.java:228)
at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163
)
at
com.youpark.webservice.AccountEventHandlerSoapStub.MessageReceived(Accou
ntEventHandlerSoapStub.java:341)
at
com.youpark.webclient.GenerateMessages.generateMessages(GenerateMessages
.java:163)
at
com.youpark.webclient.CallGeneratedMessages.init(CallGeneratedMessages.j
ava:42)
at
com.youpark.webclient.CallGeneratedMessages.<init>(CallGeneratedMessages
.java:17)
at
com.youpark.webclient.CallGeneratedMessages.main(CallGeneratedMessages.j
ava:51)

I call the web service like this:

POJO class

AccountEventHandlerSoapStubstub2  = new
AccountEventHandlerSoapStub(TARGET_EPR);

MessageReceived messageReceived = new MessageReceived();
//

messageReceived.setMessageID(message[0].getId());
messageReceived.setMessageText(message[0].getBody());
messageReceived.setType(message[0].getType().toString());
..//fill in correct data here

try {
//MessageReceivedResponse
responsReceived=stub2.MessageReceived(messageReceived);
stub2.MessageReceived(messageReceived);

The Generated stub fails/errors on the execute command below:

    //adding SOAP soap_headers
        _serviceClient.addHeadersToEnvelope(env);
               // create message context with that soap envelope

           _messageContext.setEnvelope(env);

           // add the message contxt to the operation client
           _operationClient.addMessageContext(_messageContext);

            _operationClient.execute(true);

The services.xml is auto generated and looks like this:

<service name="AccountEventHandlerSoap" >
<Description>
Please Type your service description here
</Description>
<messageReceivers>
<messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver" />
<messageReceiver  mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
</messageReceivers>
<parameter name="ServiceClass"
locked="false">com.youpark.webservice.AccountEventHandlerSoap</parameter

</service>

All suggestions appreciated. Amila suggested previously  that the
problem was "The problem is your Inonly  axisoperation contains an InOut
message receiver which is wrong."... but how do I rectify this? I never
followed it up at the time...

Thanks,
Tori

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Toriacht<shatner.william@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Amila,
>
> Thanks for the reply, I've pasted my short services.xml file below. I
> retrieved this from

C:\brianworkspacetwo\mywebservice\WebContent\WEB-INF\services\AccountEve
ntHandlerSoap\META-INF

> Thanks,
> Tori
>
> <service name="AccountEventHandlerSoap" >
>        <Description>
>                Please Type your service description here
>        </Description>
>        <messageReceivers>
>                <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-only"
> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCInOnlyMessageReceiver" />
>                <messageReceiver
mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out"
> class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>
>        </messageReceivers>
>        <parameter name="ServiceClass"

locked="false">com.youpark.webservice.AccountEventHandlerSoap</parameter

> </service>
>

> Amila Suriarachchi wrote:
>>

>> May be a problem with your services.xml. Can you send that file?
>>
>> The problem is your Inonly  axisoperation contains an InOut message
>> receiver
>> which is wrong.
>>
>> thanks,
>> Amila.
>>

>>>    at

org.apache.axis2.receivers.AbstractMessageReceiver.receive(AbstractMessa
geReceiver.java:100)

>>>    at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:176)

>>>    at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostReques
t(HTTPTransportUtils.java:275)

>>>    at

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:133)

>>>    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
>>>
>>>    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
>>>
>>>    at

tionFilterChain.java:290)

>>>    at

erChain.java:206)

>>>    at

e.java:233)

>>>    at

e.java:191)

>>>    at

:128)

>>>    at

:102)

>>>    at

java:109)

>>>    at

org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:2
86)

>>>    at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:84
5)

>>>    at

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(
Http11Protocol.java:583)

>>>    at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)