axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Lars Ericsson <larslars9...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to invoke multiple services in a single transaction?
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:19:15 GMT
You have three webservices, and you want to use just one client to access for all three services!
is it right?
No it is not possible. you should have a client for eache service. it have several resones,
one of this can be the have differnet namespace and different functions and so on.....
but you can make just one service, as a superClient or interface to call those functions and
service on those three different services. and i have done without any security before and
it should work, and it should works even for wss.

________________________________
From: Chinmoy Chakraborty <cchinu@gmail.com>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 12:49:46 PM
Subject: Re: Is it possible to invoke multiple services in a single  transaction?

Guys,

Thanks for the reply. One of our client has this requirement. They want to authenticate, call
some services and close (call close service) the session in a single request by which they
don't have any orphaned sessions. I have three services deployed in the server authenticate,
listfinction and ABS. Below is the 3 SOPAs for 3 webservice call (from client) captured in
SOAPMonitor:

authenthicate service SOAP

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

    http://localhost:8080/services/authenticateservice
    <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:2595C7BE88547C153B1247470034166</wsa:MessageID>
    <wsa:Action>authenticateWithRole</wsa:Action>
  </soapenv:Header>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <ns:authenticate xmlns:ns="authenticateservice">
      <ns:username>system</ns:username>
      <ns:password>manager</ns:password>
    </ns:authenticate>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

listfunction service SOAP

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
  <soapenv:Header xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    http://localhost:8080/services/abc_listFunctions
    <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:2595C7BE88547C153B1247470035857</wsa:MessageID>
    <wsa:Action>listFunctions</wsa:Action>
  </soapenv:Header>
  <soapenv:Body>
    <ns:listFunctions xmlns:ns="abc_listFunctions">
      <arg0>LIMS1_f9e44b2c1227302196bda75955654ce3</arg0>
      <arg1>false</arg1>
    </ns:listFunctions>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

ABS service SOAP

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
  <soapenv:Header xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
    http://localhost:8080/services/ABS
    <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:2595C7BE88547C153B1247470047736</wsa:MessageID>
    <wsa:Action>invoke</wsa:Action>
  </soapenv:Header>
  <soapenv:Body>

      <arg0>LIMS1_f9e44b2c1227302196bda75955654ce3</arg0>
      <arg1>-6</arg1>
    </ns:ABS>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Now I want to send username and password in SOAP header and in the SOAP body I want add two
services that will call two webservices. So by sending a single SOAP I want to call actually
three services (authenticate, listfinction and ABS).

I hope I could make you understand.

Chinmoy

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Taariq Levack <taariq.levack@tasima.co.za> wrote:

>Then create a web service that takes as input all the data for all the services, have
that service call other services.

tell me, "Is it possible to invoke multiple services in a single transaction?".

>How I can do this? Any idea??
>
>Chinmoy
>On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Chinmoy Chakraborty <cchinu@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I want invoke autenticate service by passing username and password in SOAP header and
in the SOAP body I want to add multiple services. In short in a single SOAP i want to invoke
multiple services along with authentication by sending username and password in the SOAP header.