axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Fernau <m.fer...@cps-net.de>
Subject axis2 and embedded jetty
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 08:09:26 GMT
Hi,

can someone provide me a simple description how to get axis2 to run in an
embedded jetty6 Server?
Until now I'm unable to get it to work.
What I currently have is the following:

--- cut
		Server server = new Server(8080);

		ServletHolder axisServletholder = new ServletHolder(new AxisServlet());
		ServletHolder axisAdminServletholder = new ServletHolder(new
AxisAdminServlet());

		Context root = new Context(server, "/", Context.SESSIONS);
		// set Path to exploded axis2.war
		FileResource basePath = new FileResource(new URL("file:/tests/webapps")); //
Without these axis complain about missing axis2.xml
		root.setBaseResource(basePath);
		root.addServlet(axisServletholder, "/servlet/AxisServlet");
		root.addServlet(axisServletholder, "/services/*");
		root.addServlet(axisServletholder, "*.jws");
		root.addServlet(axisAdminServletholder, "/servlet/AdminServlet");

		server.start();
--- cut

But this just throw me some "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/catalina/tribes/ChannelException" messages. It seems that axis2
needs tomcat libraries?

Anyone with helpful comments or code snipsets which get axis2 to work under an
embedded jetty?

Thanks a lot,
Martin