axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Caristi, Joe" <jcari...@whisolutions.com>
Subject RE: Axis2: map generic method to multiple operations in service.xml
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:33:27 GMT
You need: "a component that forwards the client's request to another web service"

This sounds like an Enterprise Service Bus!  Check out Apache Synapse -

http://synapse.apache.org/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Rutschmann [mailto:Jens.Rutschmann@gmx.info]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 10:35 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis2: map generic method to multiple operations in service.xml

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to reuse a generic java method for multiple web service
operations. The reason for this is that I need to create a component that
forwards the client's request to another web service. Since the additional steps
this component needs to do are always the same I'd like to use a single generic
implementation using AXIOM.

In service.xml when defining an operation I can only specify the name of
existing methods in the service class. Is there any way to map an arbitrary name
to a single method multiple times?

I'd like to avoid creating new classes with stub methods that call the generic
method since that would mean compiling and deploying of new code at runtime.

Best regards any many thanks in advance,
Jens

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify WHI Solutions immediately at gc@whisolutions.com,