axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jack Sprat <rexclaim...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: axis2 on webshpere response != axis2 on glassfish response........ why?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 02:00:04 GMT
Make sure you also checked the radio button for single class loader along with the parent last
Somethig else to check is to ensure you did not include the servlet.jar file in your web service
WAR file.  This must be manually added if using Eclipse for development but is not needed
in WAS.

HTH.

--- On Sun, 6/21/09, jeffty <jefftymc@gmail.com> wrote:

From: jeffty <jefftymc@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: axis2 on webshpere response != axis2 on glassfish response........ why?
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Cc: some2002@gmail.com
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 8:00 AM

Hi dims,

    I've tried set parent_last for the applications->axis2->web module->axis2.war->PARENT_LAST,
after that I got the exception:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java(Compiled
Code))
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.Class.newInstance3(Class.java(Compiled Code))
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java(Compiled Code))
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:218)
at java.beans.Beans.instantiate(Beans.java:62)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: The chosen LogFactory implementation
does not extend LogFactory. Please check your configuration. (Caused by java.lang.ClassCastException:
The application has specified that a custom LogFactory implementation should be used but Class
'com.ibm.ws.commons.logging.TrLogFactory' cannot be converted to 'org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory'.
The conflict is caused by the presence of multiple LogFactory classes in incompatible classloaders.
Background can be found in http://commons.apache.org/logging/tech.html. If you have not explicitly
specified a custom LogFactory then it is likely that the container has set one without your
knowledge. In this case, consider using the commons-logging-adapters.jar file or specifying
the standard LogFactory from the command line. Help can be found @http://commons.apache.org/logging/troubleshooting.html.)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactory(LogFactory.java:1271)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory$2.run(LogFactory.java:1065)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.newFactory(LogFactory.java:1062)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getFactory(LogFactory.java:612)
at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:685)
at  at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.<clinit>(AxisServlet.java:78).null(Unknown
Source)
... 61 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: The application has specified that a custom LogFactory
implementation should be used but Class 'com.ibm.ws.commons.logging.TrLogFactory' cannot be
converted to 'org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory'. The conflict is caused by the presence
of multiple LogFactory classes in incompatible classloaders. Background can be found in http://commons.apache.org/logging/tech.html.
If you have not explicitly specified a custom LogFactory then it is likely that the container
has set one without your knowledge. In this case, consider using the commons-logging-adapters.jar
file or specifying the standard LogFactory from the command line. Help can be found @http://commons.apache.org/logging/troubleshooting.html.

at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactory(LogFactory.java:1220)
... 67 more

    And if I reset it as PARENT_FIRST, I got the exception I mentioned before:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.xml.namespace.QName: method <init>(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V
not found
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doInit(StrictServletInstance.java:99)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:147)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:270)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:113)
at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.init(ServletInstance.java:189)

Thanks.

Regards
Jeffty

> You may want to try asking websphere specific questions on this forum:
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=266&start=0
>
> -- dims
>
> On 06/21/2009 09:39 AM, jeffty wrote:
>> Hello xedus,
>>
>>      I wonder how do you deploy axis2 in websphere. I've tried to deploy the war
file of axis2 1.3, 1.4 and 1.41 on Websphere 5.1 and failed every time.