axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jens Rutschmann <Jens.Rutschm...@gmx.info>
Subject Re: Axis2: map generic method to multiple operations in service.xml
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:23:02 GMT
Caristi, Joe schrieb am 17.06.2009 21:33:
> You need: "a component that forwards the client's request to another web service"
>
> This sounds like an Enterprise Service Bus!  Check out Apache Synapse -
>
> http://synapse.apache.org/

Thanks for your response.

I think an ESB is a bit too much and bit too little in my case :-)

I don't need as much capabilities as an ESB provides but I do need some custom
code inside the forwarding component which is run before forwarding the request.

Implementing this inside an ESB is probably more effort than implementing it
using Axis and I don't need the additional capabilities of an ESB in this
specific case.

Best regards,
Jens